1. If you tied me up and left me to sit beside a grain bin with the fan running, I would go crazy from the noise of it.
2. You can keep leftover lasagna warm in a crock pot in the shed until a trucker picks it up for the field lunch.
3. I am in love with my flannel pajamas.
4. I love Project Runway but I have never liked Heidi Klum.
I think Michael Kors looks like an old bloated woman. Just sayin.
5. The pecan pie scented candle from Walmart is really good.
6. I miss Aubrie now that she decided to grow up and go to kindergarten.
7. God always knows what I need. His time frame is better than mine, but sometimes I forget that fact.
8. Washing your car and then driving through a flock of blackbirds
defeats the purpose of washing your car.
9. October is the month my gang gets their prank on. We have to schedule a planning meeting. We are way fun.
10. Tide Sport gets rid of diesel smells in a farmer's clothes.
11. As the fields get emptied, the mice try to inhabit my house.
12. Bounce dryer sheets scare away mice.
13. Fall in IL means one day it is 63 degrees and 78 degrees the next.
14. I am a little mad at facebook.
15. I was on the phone with Dish Network. While waiting for the screens to load I learned they feed cotton seed to cows in Texas. The Dish support person learned all about feeding cows sileage where I live. He may send me a facebook friend request.Or not.
16. Baby Ollie is chubbing up. Her mom is thinning down.
17. I am having a hard time giving up flip flops and capris.
18. I am celebrating my love of hoodies.
19. I kicked my Diet Coke habit out of town.
20. Corn drying in the bin smells really good to me.
126. hugs from Dad 125. blog comments 160. old pictures
I went to a horse auction in Amish country with Mom, Dad and Jackie today.
Unfortunately, Maggie had my camera because she had a niece born last night and wanted to borrow it. I missed some great photo ops. I used my Blackberry and they were not good.
I could have bought a number of horses or mules for anywhere from $20 to $40.
I used to sell pug puppies for $400.
Jackie and I agreed we were glad it wasn't a dog auction b/c we would have been in trouble.
I grew up riding ponies and using pony cart every day in the summer.
When I was in college my oldest part pony/part horse died. Trixie was 26 years old. She was black and white.
There was a black and white mule I wanted badly. I would have named her Trixie.
There were several small ponies that would have fit in Mom and Dad's van.
I texted Stuart "should I bid?" He thought I was serious.
When Ollie is old enough to use a pony for therapy. I will hook her up.
When I was in high school I played in a donkey basketball game. My donkey laid down and wouldn't get up. I just couldn't get my ass in gear. It was a blast.
There was a chunky cowboy showing several of the horses. He had a "sweet" ponytail. I told Jackie "there you go, I think he is single". She said " Obviously". Ha.
Every time we go to lunch Dad tries to give the waitress a $100 bill. First when the salad comes and then when the drinks come.
Today, I put gas in their van and he gave me $5.
He tried to pay for my niece's gas yesterday when she filled her Suburban.
Dad does make me laugh. He has an antique cultivator in his yard. When I took him to town yesterday we drove past it and he said "I sure wished I had a cultivator like that in my yard." I laughed and told Mom "Well , dreams do come true."
They had a great day and Jackie and I had one too.