Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Penelope has arrived.


Our newest baby girl 
showed up for her party at 6:30 this evening.
 
 
She weighed in at a fighting weight 
of  9 lbs. 1 oz.
Her name is Penelope Jane.
She is perfection.
She didn't get her bath while we were there
but I think she looks like a redhead.
Her daddy's brother, her mama and me 
are redheads
so our odds are good.
 
 
I left the new camera with the kids
so I am posting just a few pictures from facebook.
I am going back tomorrow 
to smell her more and more.
I love that fresh from the oven baby scent.
I am planning on kissing her more too.
Tonight was a timed love fest.
Abbie and Tiffany, the aunts 
had stop watches on our times.
Everybody got to handle her a bit
and then we were ushered out
by the Baby Nazi
aka the grumpy floor nurse.
Maggie's best friend's little sister
was Mag's nurse
but there was another crab
who gave us grief about our waiting room crowd.
She was unfriendly in general.
I think she has recently given up cake.
Just a theory...
Thank you for all your prayers.
We are so blessed.
My heart is so full of gratitude.
God is good.
Blessed be his name.

1 You, God, are my God,
   earnestly I seek you;
I thirst for you,
   my whole being longs for you,
in a dry and parched land
   where there is no water.
 2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
   and beheld your power and your glory.
3 Because your love is better than life,
   my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live,
   and in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;
   with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
 6 On my bed I remember you;
   I think of you through the watches of the night.
7 Because you are my help,
   I sing in the shadow of your wings.
8 I cling to you;
   your right hand upholds me. 
Psalm 63: 1-8

 


Labels: , ,

24 Comments:

At August 23, 2011 at 9:34 PM , Blogger Brandee Shafer said...

Congratulations! Penelope Jane is beautiful, and she looks like a redhead to me, too!

 
At August 24, 2011 at 2:12 AM , Blogger Deborah said...

Oooh so sweet!
What a little bundle of sweetness!
Congrats to all of you!
Yes, God is so good!! \o/

Deborah xo

 
At August 24, 2011 at 2:21 AM , Blogger Jamie said...

Oh, another little beauty! Of course. :)

Congrats to ALL of you. Grandma, enjoy this day. Hug beautiful little Penelope for me, too. (I love her name.)

Happy, wonderful, blessed hugs to all of you.

:)

 
At August 24, 2011 at 3:40 AM , Blogger Rebecca said...

I came here first this morning! What a beautiful sight to see! So happy for the good news and pictures, too. (Love those little cheeks.)

 
At August 24, 2011 at 3:59 AM , Blogger SZM said...

So cute and so chub! I just wanna squeeze that little chunky monkey! Congrats!

 
At August 24, 2011 at 4:50 AM , Blogger ain't for city gals said...

Congrats! The look on Penelope's face cracks me up...she looks quite pleased with herself!

 
At August 24, 2011 at 5:11 AM , Blogger Rebecca Palm* Gallimaufry Photography* said...

Congratulations on another beautiful granddaughter. :-)

 
At August 24, 2011 at 5:16 AM , Blogger Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

They are BOTH DARLING! Congratulations! Please post a scratch n sniff post for me. I love love love new babies small too. The name is perfection. Looking forward to more beautiful pics from your new camera. Bet you'll get lots of fun practice with those lovely models. Enjoy and God Bless!
xoxo
Leslie

 
At August 24, 2011 at 5:24 AM , Anonymous Jacque said...

First of all Maggie looks too beautiful for just birthing the adorable Penelope Jane. Love the name, love the hair, love those healthy chubby cheeks!! You spen all day soaking in the new baby hugs & smells. Praise the Lord for this beautiful gift! Congrats!!

 
At August 24, 2011 at 5:25 AM , Blogger Kathi said...

Congratulations!

 
At August 24, 2011 at 5:38 AM , Blogger Judy said...

And now I shall rise and sing the Doxology!
(with gusto, i might add!)

 
At August 24, 2011 at 6:11 AM , Blogger Denise said...

Adorable! Makes me want to squeeze those chubby little cheeks.

 
At August 24, 2011 at 6:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

So happy for you all! What a doll!

 
At August 24, 2011 at 6:39 AM , Anonymous On The Road Again said...

Amen and Amen

 
At August 24, 2011 at 6:51 AM , Blogger Farmgirl Paints said...

pure preciousness! congrats!!!

 
At August 24, 2011 at 7:07 AM , Blogger Joy Tilton said...

Congratulations to everyone who loves and welcomes this new gift from God! Blessings all around, and their WILL be cake!

 
At August 24, 2011 at 7:20 AM , Blogger Reality Jayne said...

Congrats!!!
I think your right...looks to be a redhead

 
At August 24, 2011 at 1:16 PM , Blogger Sarai said...

Congrats!! She's a doll.

 
At August 24, 2011 at 2:37 PM , Blogger Jensamom23 said...

What a beautiful baby and Mommy! So wonderful!

 
At August 24, 2011 at 3:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there anything sweeter than a brand new baby? She's beautiful.

 
At August 24, 2011 at 7:38 PM , Anonymous 1 Funky Woman said...

Oh I love love love the name! Congratulations to you all! What a sweetie!

Megan

http://1funkywoman.blogspot.com

 
At August 25, 2011 at 10:11 AM , Blogger C.A. said...

YES! A new family member....my God she is beautiful...and DOES look like a red head! :) Congratulations to all of you...God's love has smiled down upon you again!

xoxoxoxo

C.A.

 
At August 25, 2011 at 6:20 PM , Blogger beachy keen girl said...

congrats! it doesn't get sweeter than that :) and love her name too!

 
At August 27, 2011 at 3:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

so exciting/wonderful/beautiful/amazing...and I'm not just talking about the 9 pounds!
COnGRATULATIONs!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blather. I read every comment. They make my heart happy!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home