Thursday, August 11, 2011

What I Know For Sure - 13th Edition


1. Never say never. It almost always bites you on the butt.
2. I love thunder in the night while I sleep. Thunder in my thighs,
not so much.
3. When shopping with an almost 2 yr.old, take along a 92 yr.old great-grandpa. They will entertain each other.
4. Foot rubs from Stuart beat $30 foot rubs at the mall.
5. When troubles keep me up at night, I put my bible under my pillow. It works every time.
6. Falling sleep with an open bottle of water in your lap isn't a good idea. 
7. Sometimes Little Pet Shop players need a referee.
8. Faith is believing that God is who he says he is and believing he will fulfill his promises. 
9. After temperatures with a 115 degree heat index, 88 degrees feels amazing.
10. There is beauty in the least beautiful of things.
11. Stuart sometimes calls me Frenchie or Frenchie La Rue and I have no idea why.
12. Holding a pencil in my mouth makes me gag.
13. Down Syndrome, autism, Williams Syndrome, etc. is a diagnosis not a definition.
14. Laughter is medicine with no crazy side effects.
15.Cupcakes flirt with me.
16.I think it is perfectly normal to be reading 3 or 4 books at a time.
17.Beauty and the Beast is still being watched 30x a week here in our hood.Caroline still claps and cheers "it's working, it's working!" when Maurice's invention is successful.
18. Life is too short to be serious all the time.
19. God blesses me every.single.day. 
20. If I have a bad dream, I won't tell it out loud. I don't want to give Satan any ideas.
21. These WIKFS posts look very much the same as my bullet point posts.


Labels:

6 Comments:

At August 11, 2011 at 7:24 AM , Blogger SZM said...

I would love to be called Frenchie La Rue. Or Pippa, since the royal wedding. #15...me too! #16. no way. #20 good idea, never thought of that.

 
At August 11, 2011 at 9:14 AM , Blogger Joy Tilton said...

Numbered or bullets, they all make me laugh Frenchie! I watch tv, blog, read and try to have a meaningful conversation with my husband... I call it multi-tasking!

 
At August 11, 2011 at 9:45 AM , Blogger Brandee Shafer said...

I LOVE #20!!!!!

 
At August 11, 2011 at 4:57 PM , Anonymous The Boston Lady said...

Aaaaah! So it's Frenchie La Rue now?? I can't imagine what it will be next.... Caroline, don't worry, I will watch B & TB with you. I love that movie - one day she will be embarrassed about her obsession. With my daughter it was The Little Mermaid.... Now she doesn't believe it! My son won't admit that he loved "Lady and the Tramp"! Haha. When they watch them with their own children they will remember the magic!

And I gag when I hold a pencil in my mouth! I didn't realize it until you pointed it out. Does that mean we are related??? Ann

 
At August 13, 2011 at 8:28 AM , Blogger Shannan Martin said...

A question, Frenchie: How exactly does one play Little Pet Shop? We inherited a mess of them, and none of us know what to do.

Also, I had a terrible dream last week and told Cory about it. (I like to talk about them because I feel like it somehow let's me know how truly ridiculous they are.) 48 hours later, he REMINDED me of it. I did NOT want to be reminded of it! Law.

I dig your lists.

 
At August 13, 2011 at 7:40 PM , Blogger Nancy said...

#16? Umm,,, yeah! Need to get caught up on these WIKFS posts.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blather. I read every comment. They make my heart happy!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home