Friday, August 19, 2011

bingo



I am up early.
I awoke to the smell of smoke.
I sniffed and sniffed.
I started to wake Stuart,
but he has no sense of smell left.
I hurried towards the stairs.
I saw a flash of light 
and wondered if it was lightning.
I walked all through the house.
Nothing.
Nada.
I looked outside.
No burning bush.
No rogue camp fires.
Hmm. 
Was the flash of light actually
the pole light being reflected in the mirror? 
 I decided to look on the web 
for an explanation.
I went to bing.com
wondering ...
Am I having a stroke?
 At this point I didn't smell smoke.
Actually I  hadn't smelled it since I left my bed. 

Bing.com said 
1. Phantomasia...phenomenon of smelling odors that 
aren't present. Check.
It could be you have a sinus infection.
No, I don't have that.

2. Olfactory hallucination...smell perceived but not there.
Well, yeah.

3. Paranormal... really?  smoking ghosts?
After consideration,
I have come to some conclusions of my own.

1. Don't bing.com anything medical.
There is a lot of stuff that pops up and 
crazy theories come out of the woodwork.
2. Don't try to blog without a camera.
You start being desperate for topics.

3. I tend to dream I am a celebrity or am friendly with them.
All in the day of a rockstar, ya know.
This is more likely the reason I smelled smoke.
I was hanging with him.


I do love me some Bing.
For your listening pleasure...
Dream a little dream of me.


1. Stuart's morning phone call to just say hi.
14. Sisters
25. gifts from UPS trucks.
33. a message that speaks to me.


Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At August 19, 2011 at 4:36 AM , Blogger Theresa said...

lol. Too funny!!

I'm glad it was nothing serious!

 
At August 19, 2011 at 5:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You are crazy! (Just crazy enough to get chickens)a chicken coop made out of a dresser? How can you not get a little flock now? You would have the cutest coop in the blog world :)

I LOVE Bing!!

 
At August 19, 2011 at 6:20 AM , Blogger Joy Tilton said...

Waking up smelling smoke would get my attention too! I had something happen when we lived in Texas that I never was able to figure out. I was in the study, on the computer (duh) and I smelled my Dad. That sounds a little weird, but we all do have a smell that's associated with us... I smell like chocolate! My Dad passed away years ago, it wasn't like I had dreamed about him or thinking about him. It was just out of the blue, hard to understand and writing it makes it a little creepy!

 
At August 19, 2011 at 8:33 AM , Blogger Kathi said...

Hmm... funny how that happens. I awoke to the smell of coffee recently. Yup, I did. Boy was I disappointed to find out that not only was the coffee maker's timer not set, but it wasn't even prepared the night before.

I definitely smelled it though. Really.

 
At August 19, 2011 at 11:58 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

That's so funny! I've had some really intense dreams the past few nights too, although I don't remember smelling anything. I'm glad it was just a dream and not anything serious!

 
At August 19, 2011 at 12:02 PM , Blogger The Boston Lady said...

I think your dreams are becoming more intense due to lack of working camera. Janie, you are so wonderfully descriptive that you don't need pictures! Ann

 
At August 19, 2011 at 1:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

A smelly ghost, well who knew?

 
At August 19, 2011 at 4:36 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

So many strange things in our world, no explanations. I don't like it when something like that happens to me, so I appreciate the humor you have. Happy weekend hugs!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 10:04 AM , Blogger Reality Jayne said...

I read your comment on Cake Chicks blog about those needy friends....I say yuk to needy ass friends too....Off with their heads..lol
I used to wake up thinking my bed was moving...My mind would wander to everything from stroke, paranormal activity, earthshakes, dreaming....etc...i just ignored it after awhile. I know smoke is way worse than a moving bed, but still...........lol

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blather. I read every comment. They make my heart happy!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home