Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thankfulness


Back in March I blogged about
a very popular book.

The book is written in a style
that I do not love.
The author though, I do love.
I love her blog and her thoughts.
She shows the beauty in every day life.
She loves Christ and 
she speaks that love.
A friend described this book as "meaty".
It is.
I read the book in spurts.
I have never finished reading it.
But, I kept a gratefulness journal all along the way.
My friend Becky
started ending her posts
with entries from her journal.
I told her I was stealing the idea 
and she said go for it.
So at the end of each of my posts
I plan to leave a couple of my journal entries.
Get the book and read it for yourself.
It may be your cup of tea.
Me... I like coffee.

136. the numbers on the scale dropping
41. friends who pray
101. friends who make me laugh so hard, I pee a little
82. pink Easter grass


Labels:

9 Comments:

At August 18, 2011 at 5:11 AM , Blogger SZM said...

Yes, I read the sample of that book and the words seemed all wonky to me...but I do love the gratefulness part. She does have a lovely blog. And I love Becky. She is so giving...

 
At August 18, 2011 at 6:11 AM , Blogger Twilson9608 said...

I loved this book! From page one to the very end it was beautiful and inspiring!

 
At August 18, 2011 at 6:25 AM , Blogger Rebecca said...

I like the way you list "yours"--in no particular order. I'm into random these days. And sometimes YOU make me laugh so hard I pee a little.

 
At August 18, 2011 at 7:09 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh! Congratulations to you on the numbers dropping! I am afraid mine are climbing : (.

I haven't read the book either, but I did read her post today about Corrie Ten Boom and forgiveness and I totally shared it on my facebook page. That was just beautiful.

I am thankful for new days and fresh starts : ) For cool rooms when it is sweltering outside. And for posts like yours that remind me to be thankful!

 
At August 18, 2011 at 9:59 AM , Blogger gena said...

Checking to see if they have it on Kindle. I can't read "books" anymore because of my eyesight. I can however read on Kindle because I make the font "kindergarden" size !!!!!

Oh and you make me laugh so hard - I pee a little - all the time !

hugs,
gena

any baby news ???????

 
At August 18, 2011 at 1:06 PM , Blogger Farmgirl Paints said...

why can't you live across the street? i need a friend that makes me pee a little;) love your list!!!!

 
At August 18, 2011 at 7:09 PM , Blogger Deborah said...

Love Ann Voskamp and her beautiful heart for God.
I have a list too and I am always deeply moved by her posts.
Have a great weekend!

Deborah xo

 
At August 18, 2011 at 7:30 PM , Blogger Theresa said...

I agree...it's a hard book to read. I read it in spurts at work. But I love the premise.

I have been thinking I need to wait until next year to start my thousand gifts posts...but maybe I can copy you copying your friend.

 
At August 19, 2011 at 5:33 AM , Blogger Judy said...

Hmm. Soon you shall have Depends ads in your side bar, me thinks?
The book was hard for me to read. Not my style at all. But the 'heart' of the book stuck with me. And I just love Love LOVE Ann Voskamp's blog!
When I'm done with the Abe Lincoln biography, I think I'll pick it up again. And read it in short spirts.
(ha. spirts. no pun intended.)

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blather. I read every comment. They make my heart happy!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home