Wednesday, October 19, 2011

captions ...contest?


As you know, I am a collector.
One of the things I love is
old photos.
Old photos that make me smile.
Ones that bring a funny caption to mind.
I am posting some of my faves
with some of the captions I assigned to them.
Please leave your captions in the comments.
I may pick a fave.
I may take credit for it.
You just gotta trust me on this one.


1.

The kids came to dinner.
or
Free refills.


2.


 Does anyone have the 800 number for the Bra Genie?



3. 


These whistles are faulty.


4.


Jimmy crack corn and I don't care.



5.

Does this hat make my ears look big?


6. 

 It's 5 o'clock somewhere.




7.



I can handle a sister wife,
but I draw the line at a sister dog. 


8. 

Pimping ain't easy.






So, most of mine are pretty lame.
Let me hear yours.

















Labels:

13 Comments:

At October 19, 2011 at 8:01 PM , Blogger Brandee Shafer said...

Funny. Love the "ears" one, 'specially.

 
At October 19, 2011 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Heidi Ehle said...

That second picture.... Save the ta-tas. Buy a bra. lmao!

 
At October 19, 2011 at 8:37 PM , Blogger gena said...

Piggies: Maaaaaaaaa, they won't share !

The booby lady reminds me of the teacher on South Park, but since you're a good mommy you never let your kids watch that or cough, cough, cough... watched it with them... cough, cough.

They're all really great photos - anyone you know ???

 
At October 20, 2011 at 2:41 AM , Blogger Rebecca said...

It'd be hard to top yours Janie! Every one of them fascinates me. I want to know (like Gena) "anyone you know"?

 
At October 20, 2011 at 4:22 AM , Blogger SZM said...

I actually think yours are so good I now have writer's block.

 
At October 20, 2011 at 4:35 AM , Blogger Denise said...

Oh my...these are just hilarious. I don't think I can top your captions, they're great!

 
At October 20, 2011 at 5:15 AM , Blogger Rebecca Palm* Gallimaufry Photography* said...

I don't think I could top those either! HILARIOUS!!

 
At October 20, 2011 at 5:15 AM , Blogger Farmgirl Paints said...

you are a witty woman. i don't have a clue what the captions should be. love the ears one!

 
At October 20, 2011 at 6:24 AM , Blogger Chatty Crone said...

I liked the ear one too - so tell me - these YOUR relatives? sandie

 
At October 20, 2011 at 9:00 AM , Blogger Maggie Daniel said...

"pimpin aint easy" or POP YOUR COLLA HOES FOR A DOLLA!

 
At October 20, 2011 at 7:41 PM , Blogger Julie said...

I loved yours, Janie. But the minute I saw the second photo I had to share:

2. Wilbur hid my Spanx again.

 
At October 21, 2011 at 7:09 PM , Blogger Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

I'm smitten with the big ears baby... Someone was very.very.proud. Too cute! Of course Maggie had the bestest... Apple/tree~ just sayin'!

 
At October 31, 2011 at 8:32 PM , Blogger Annesphamily said...

My mind went blank after I read your lines! They were terrific! You did a great job! Love all the photos.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blather. I read every comment. They make my heart happy!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home