Thursday, June 28, 2012

Romance


June 29th is Stuart's birthday.
He is finally 53.
 
 
I am 2 months older and he likes to remind me of the fact.
In honor of his birthday
 I am sharing one of my favorite stories ...
starring him.
He is a romantic.
He brings me wild flowers and leaves them on the table
for  me to find.
I often wake to find notes tucked in my coffee cup
or by my coffee pot.
He calls several times a day
to just say "hey and I love you."
He is a good man.
I decided to push for a little romance one day.
I asked him
"if you could go back in time what day would you go to?"
Now I expected his answer to be...
"oh the day we married"...
or "the day we had our first baby and became a family"
or even better
 " the first time I laid eyes on you" 
(actually gagging a little here on that one).
What I got was...
"I would go back to senior year,
the night we played Vandalia in football
blah blah blah yada yada yada"
I zoned out.
But seriously???
HS football.
I have left such an impact.
Apparently so has the birth of his children.
(However, I was sporting a pretty sweet cheer skirt that night...
so I'll give him that)
Happy Birthday Sweets.
I adore you.
You make me cackle and
you still bake my cookies. 
Life is great with you by my side.

 


14 Comments:

At June 28, 2012 at 6:37 AM , Blogger Heidi Ehle said...

Happy birthday, Stu! :)

 
At June 28, 2012 at 6:58 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Stuart, you ole luv bug you.

So sweet how you are still holding his hand (family picture).

 
At June 28, 2012 at 7:27 AM , Blogger Rebecca said...

Happy birthday to him - and you look fabulous!

 
At June 28, 2012 at 8:00 AM , Blogger Brandee Shafer said...

I love a good love story. You two are a great example! Happy Birthday to your man!

 
At June 28, 2012 at 8:58 AM , Blogger Jensamom23 said...

Happy birthday to your honey!

 
At June 28, 2012 at 10:08 AM , Blogger Kathi said...

You have the best blessings life has to offer! Happy day to you both!

 
At June 28, 2012 at 11:02 AM , Blogger gena said...

Awwwwwww - happy bday to your sweet hubby!

gena

 
At June 28, 2012 at 11:06 AM , Blogger Sweet Tea said...

Happy Birthday Stuart!
Still "bakes your cookies"! LOL

 
At June 28, 2012 at 12:33 PM , Blogger Debby said...

Very sweet. He sounds like a keeper. You look great, by the way.

 
At June 28, 2012 at 8:32 PM , Blogger chris said...

sounds like a match made in heaven. lucky you - and Stuart!

 
At June 29, 2012 at 3:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Stuart!

 
At June 30, 2012 at 8:41 PM , Blogger Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Happy B- Day Stuart! Janie you are looking so skinny . . . lucky u :O)

 
At July 2, 2012 at 10:40 PM , Blogger Karen Deborah said...

You have lost weight! yawl look great! I am soooo jealous. Did you eat cake?

 
At July 4, 2012 at 6:24 AM , Anonymous crazymom2011 said...

You two are a great, living testimony!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blather. I read every comment. They make my heart happy!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home