Thursday, June 7, 2012

Quote for the day



My theater season has begun.
A group of friends and I attend
The Little Theater in Sullivan, IL.
We meet up,
 dine out, and then go to the musical.
It is always, always a blast.
They make me cackle.
Our first show was Grease.
It was really good even though I kept nodding off.
Feed me, prop me up and get  me warm...
you get what you get.
On the way to the show,
Jade's mom, the infamous Ruby picked us all up.
After we picked up our last pal,
Audrey( Jade's aunt)
she said she had a quote for us.
She said "Who said this?"...
"Life is not always pretty but Jesus loves me."
We guess...
I guess "Patsy Clairmont?"
Nope.
Hmm. 
"Joyce Meyer?"
Nope.
I say "okay I give, who said it?"
She says "you did."
HUH?
"you did, Janie Fox"
She said "I loved it and wrote it down by
my other quotes. 
You are right beside Teddy Roosevelt."
I said "well, yeah that's me...
so much wisdom, so little memory."
Pass the pills.



8 Comments:

At June 7, 2012 at 6:05 AM , Blogger Debby said...

Sounds like you are having fun. A new famous quote......congratulations.

 
At June 7, 2012 at 6:13 AM , Blogger Megan said...

Aw, it's so sweet she wrote down your words - your quoted!

 
At June 7, 2012 at 7:26 AM , Blogger Jensamom23 said...

Nice!

 
At June 7, 2012 at 8:14 AM , Blogger Joy said...

You never, ever fail! I just laughed out loud at work! They think I'm crazy. I don't even care! You are funny lady!

 
At June 7, 2012 at 9:10 AM , Blogger *Reading Between the Lines* said...

That is neat she gave you your own quote. 8~)
Make a plaque for your wall...then you will see it often and remember it.;~)
I have forgotten things that I say too.
Take care,
Nancy

 
At June 7, 2012 at 3:30 PM , Blogger Deborah said...

Hahahhahah hillarious! I love it and so true!
The outing sounds great too! Girls just wanna have fun..and they usually do!

Deborah xoxo

 
At June 7, 2012 at 6:18 PM , Blogger Jodi said...

I happen to think Teddy Roosevelt was the greatest president ever, and I liked him as a person too, even though we've never met. :) So anyway, being right up there next to him is pretty darn awesome in my book. "Life is not always pretty but Jesus loves me." Preach it.

 
At June 12, 2012 at 5:03 AM , Anonymous Nancy Franson said...

Very often, I will have friends say to me, "I'll never forget that thing you said to me," and then a wave of sheer horror crashes over me because you can never be too sure about what might come out of my mouth.

You, my dear, are indeed quite quotable. I find myself quoting you often. "I can't care" has taken up permanent residence in my vocabulary.

But I do care, deeply, that life is not always pretty but Jesus loves me.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blather. I read every comment. They make my heart happy!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home