Friday, June 1, 2012

Check in


Thank you for all your kind words regarding Harley.
You were so sweet.
I wanted to let you know what is up around here.
I have answered very few emails.
Why?
Because I stink.
I stink like a 1983 country blue and mauve plaid couch
that smells like pee on Craig's List.
Interested? HA!
Things are busy around here.
I sit littles today then we are heading out early this evening
for a fun time is St. Louie.
We are tearing it up with family.
Sunday is our Step Up for DS walk..
The tee shirts arrive today for those of you who ordered
but are not attending...
I will get them in the mail Monday.
Poor Stuie rolled  his ankle yesterday getting off a tractor.
It is swollen and has him hobbling.
I don't think he will be tearing it up at too quick of a pace.
 I may be carting a huge man around on my back.
Shuttie doubters, I work-out.
 Next week we are gearing up with a ribs sale.
E-mail me if you are local and interested.
Also we are having a huge family party next weekend 
to celebrate
the one year anniversary of Ollie's heart surgery success.
We are having a huge Healthy Heart party.
I am down to a little over the  last 2 weeks of my bootcamp.
Then I have a bunch of "end" stuff to do...
 a video about my experience, 
a 500 word essay, 
and submit final pictures.
I should be working out right now,
 instead of blathering here.
I wanna win this competition.
I have the list made of the charities
 I am donating the prize money too.
They all include children.
Reese's Rainbow, Operation Smile, World Vision.
Please pray I finish well.
I plan to give it my best.
I am down over 36 pounds.
I want to really carve my abs these last few days.
I have little desire of ever rocking a bikini.
However, I really want to look good in the after pics
so I can claim the moolah and then
share it with the causes near and dear to my heart.
I will share my after pics (clothed)
not the bikini ones.
You can re-swallow the bite you just regurgitated. 
Life is good around here.
We are blessed.
So that is what I am up to.
Whatcha doing?
 

16 Comments:

At June 1, 2012 at 6:54 AM , Anonymous On The Road Again said...

36 lbs, to kudos to you my friend. What an accomplishment!

 
At June 1, 2012 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Joy said...

I missed the post about Harley :( So sorry.

Yay for 36 lbs!!! Wooo Hooo!

Quit talking about those dang ribs. First Facebook and now here.

You. Are. Killing. Me.

xxoo

 
At June 1, 2012 at 8:06 AM , Blogger Jensamom23 said...

You might meet yourself coming and going. Sheesh, you are busy! So happy for your 36+ loss...you are doing amazingly well, Janie. Have a good weekend and lots if us are rooting' for you!

 
At June 1, 2012 at 8:10 AM , Blogger *Reading Between the Lines* said...

Sorry about Harley...
Congrats on the weight loss!
Praying that you have the health and strength(especially if you have to carry your husband ;-) you need to get all the things done on your list.
Me...I am just trying to wake up and waiting for it to stop raining...but the garden likes it and is growing.
Does the rain make you tired & sleepy? I think...yes.
Love your blog...glad I found you. 8~)
Take care and have a great weekend!
Nancy

 
At June 1, 2012 at 9:30 AM , Blogger Traci said...

So sorry to hear about Harley, Janie. :/
Congrats on your fitness and weight loss! That is awesome! I am going to try TurboJam and see how I like it. I lack motivation and tend to exercise in very short spurts then slack off for long spurts. You and Annie rock!

 
At June 1, 2012 at 9:36 AM , Blogger Susan said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Can't wait to see pictures!

 
At June 1, 2012 at 10:37 AM , Anonymous julie gardner said...

I remember Ollie's surgery last year (how time flies) and am THRILLED that it's been (almost) a year -
A cause for celebration, indeed.

As for the carved abs?
Yeah. That ship has sailed.

(Or as my daughter put it a few years ago, "That ship has sanken.")

XO

 
At June 1, 2012 at 10:42 AM , Blogger The Boston Lady said...

Congratulations Janie on your weight loss and all your hard work. I'm sorry I had not heard about Harley, been going crazy and not stalking blogs lately. Hope the walk goes great! Looking forward to your after pics - c'mon you are at least gonna wear a little tiny skirt, aren't you? Ann

 
At June 1, 2012 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Jodi said...

Sorry about your sweet pupps :( Hooray for the weight loss I hope you win.And i hope your Stuie feels better. Did you give him a rag?

 
At June 1, 2012 at 2:53 PM , Blogger Rebecca Palm* Gallimaufry Photography* said...

You are so amazing and I, too, am sorry about Harley. 36 pounds???? That is an incredible accomplishment.

 
At June 1, 2012 at 3:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you win! I know you've been working hard.

 
At June 1, 2012 at 5:05 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

I can't WAIT to see those pictures! You ARE amazing and I hope you win, too! Sorry about Stu's ankle. That's no fun (and the timing's not good either).

 
At June 2, 2012 at 3:42 PM , Blogger Farmgirl Paints said...

WOOT WOOT! 36 POUNDS! Holy crapy girl. I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo proud of you. I showed my belly. I promise I won't regurgitate! HA! You are too hilarious.

 
At June 3, 2012 at 5:33 AM , Blogger Mary said...

36 pounds! congratulations! :)

 
At June 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM , Anonymous Nancy Franson said...

Just getting caught up here. I'm not sure we could remain friends if you posted biking pictures. I will take it on faith that you've got rock hard abs.

BTW--I'm down 30. Boo-yah!

The rest of the world probably wants to be us. Probably. That's what I think.

Rifled through the pics from St. Louis. Good times, good times. Y'all look smashing in your matchy-matchy tees. Good work.

 
At June 6, 2012 at 10:56 AM , Anonymous Marla said...

You ... are AWESOME!!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blather. I read every comment. They make my heart happy!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home