Thursday, May 17, 2012
What I Know For Sure - 23rd Edition
1. Maggie has strep throat. She canceled my hair appointment today but had the girls at the salon mix up my red hair color for me. I picked it up and did it myself at home. There may be a reason you have to have a license to do hair. Presently, I have monkey ears and it appears someone killed a monkey in my bathroom. I can't care because my hair turned out great.
2. Caroline is also sick. When I had her yesterday she started running a fever. She would holler I need a rag on my eyes. I need a rag on my hand. Whatever hurt needed a damp cloth. At one point she was sporting 3 rags.
3. When you are constantly over-booking yourself it is not wise to plant a gazillion pots that need watered daily.
4. The truth hurts. It may not hurt as bad as slamming your head on an open cabinet door( and truthfully, that hurts like heck) but nonetheless the truth hurts.
5. I am a huge fan of Jeffery Lewis. I adore a smart acre who has great design sense. He reminds me of someone.
6. I had to get 2 broken teeth fixed this week. My dentist patched them with more filling and saved me mega bucks. No one tells you old teeth happen. I think George Washington may have tried.
7. Everett graduated preschool this week. (sob) In the program he said when he grows up he wants to be a train driver at the zoo. I think his plan is genius. He always goes 100 mph and is part animal.
8. My girls and I are doing an antique show this weekend at 3rd Sunday Market in Bloomington, IL. It is at a fairgrounds with lots of fair food. This year there will be no mini donuts for me because I don't want Porta-Potty mini craps.
9. I can never type don't correctly. It always comes up don;t. I only misspell that one. Can't, won't, etc. I type correctly.
10. You should always keep your promises. Promise me you will.
11. Word verification for blog comments is killing me. I do not need the grief. I can't want to work that hard. Just make me type don;t.
12. Drinking 64 ounces of water daily will make you look and feel better. It will also keep you looking for a Porta-Potty.
13. There is nothing funny about hitting your funny bone. Well, except for what people say when they do. Next time holler... I need a rag!
14. A bad Elvis impersonator is better than no Elvis impersonator at all. There was one at Dad's today. I saw some swooning. And some snickering. My funny sis, Linda said "Don't be cruel."
15. Make it a habit to do nice things for people who never find out it was you. You can start with me.
16. Listen to your children. And remember when they are quiet, trouble is brewing.
17. Someone tried to scam me this week...but I am sharp. I know better than send money to book a time share in Nigeria. Or send money to rent my timeshares to someone else and then they will rent it to a third party and mail me huge money. If it sounds to good to be true... it is.
18. Why must I keep re-learning that too much watermelon is too much watermelon? I am not looking for a cleanse but I found one.
19. I need a pedicure and a manicure but I am too busy watering flower pots.
20. Bleach cleans up hair color in a sink. I haven't tried it on my ears. I am now taking appointments and buying bananas.