Thursday, April 19, 2012
What I Know For Sure- 22nd Edition
1. Abbie and Zac are having a baby boy. Everett will finally have a student to teach to pee in the yard.
2. Christina Aguilera desperately needs a stylist...hair and otherwise. Doll hair and granny pants are not cool.
3. I try to live by the rule "Be kinder than necessary". Apparently, I have an exception to the rule when it comes to celebrities.
4. Penelope is crawling and pulling up. Nothing is sacred in her path.
This includes Reta and Stella.
5. Almost every morning I make the Coopkeeper Jayme's turkey sausage(recipe here) and eat it with a piece of fruit. I share a few bites with Reta and Stella.
I really think Reta is slimming down. It could be the sausage or it could be the running from Penelope.
6. I had white doors. I decided to paint them after Annie painted hers . I painted the front door yellow
and the back door green.
I hate them both. I can't care enough to re-paint them though. I am hoping they grow on me. Maybe when I get my flowers planted it will help.
I painted the front door yellow because I always loved my sister Linda's door when it was yellow. She informed me she has never had a yellow front door. Help me.
7. I cannot get into the Hunger Games. They sound scary and I go with the theory "Nothing scary comes from God." This also applies to the Twilight movies. Annie is a fan of both. She claims Abbie is the headstrong one, hmpff.
8. I am still mourning the break-up of Jennie Garth and Peter Facinelli. Just another reason I don't like those Twilight movies.
9. I have returned to the nail place twice now and the girl and the chunky man continue to yammer non-stop in Korean/Vietnamese the entire time. I haven't retaliated with Pig Latin yet.
I am learning to live with it. It beats a half hour drive.
10. When Annie and I were getting our pedicures the skinny worker man asked if she was still in High School. She will be 30 in June. Maybe he knows she doesn't listen to her mother.?
11. My dad is adjusting well in the Alzheimer's unit. He is eating well and seems content. I am so relieved. We have a new normal and it is okay.
12. One of the ladies in Dad's unit held out her arms for me to give her a hug, so I gladly obliged. She then said "get off me" haha Ouch.
13. Just one day in the trash, cantaloupe guts and a ground turkey wrapping can drive you out of the kitchen. It also causes Maggie to enter and remark "your house smells like poop." Why thank you. (Mmmhmm...she is Annie's sister.)
14. A little bird keeps building a nest in my fern on the back porch and I keep ripping it out. I have been down this path on the front porch and the bird did me no favors. Yuck.
When I saw the bird was a cardinal and there were two eggs, I put it back out on the back porch. Maybe the crap will distract from the ugly doors.
Birds 2, Janie 0.
15. This morning I found myself reflecting about my childhood pony, Trixie. Then it occurred to me that after my work-out I smelled like her. Damn you Dead Estrogen.
16. I always said the only way apples were good were in a crust. Now I hanker for a crisp apple...plain.
17. Keep your promises. Always.
18. I have given up the shame of the pajama jeans but not the Genie bra. Where it is concerned, I am shameless.
19. When in doubt, call your mom. My mom doesn't text or "fax" as she likes to say.
20. As of this morning I have lost 25 lbs. Woot woot.