Saturday, June 9, 2012

One year later...



Today, June 9th
marks one year since Ollie had her 
open heart surgery.
It is an emotional day for us.
A year ago we were scared.
We trusted God
and put her into the hands of a surgeon.
It was a hard day for her parents.
It was a hard day for the parents
of those parents.
Truly, it was one of the hardest things 
I have ever had to do.
I couldn't fix it for my kid.
But Jesus did!
He gave that surgeon the knowledge and skills required.
He held us while we waited.
He gave us strength while we watched our baby moan in pain.
He listened to our prayers and  
he never left us.
Today, we cooked the ribs for our fundraiser.
Tomorrow, we celebrate with a bunch of our family.
What a difference a year makes!
I am so glad Jesus loves me.
I am so glad I know it.
I am so glad he showed me even more depths of his love 
through the gift of our sweet little Ollie.
I am so glad for all of you too.
 Thank you for your love and support.
Thank you for loving this sweet baby 
right along with our family.
Words can never express how much
 it all means to us.

Here is the link to:
Annie's blog today 


Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At June 9, 2012 at 5:23 PM , Blogger Jensamom23 said...

What an awesome power He is...bogles my mind and weakens my knees just thinking about it. Blessings to you and all of your family, Miss Janie. (and that picture of Ollie just oozes personality and joy!)

 
At June 9, 2012 at 5:44 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

Happy Heart Day to Ollie and her entire family! The way your family hangs together and weathers the good and bad times with faith & hope is a huge credit to your (and my) Jesus!

...Funny how much you can come to love and appreciate someone you've never met.... ♥ you, Janie!

 
At June 9, 2012 at 7:27 PM , Blogger carissa said...

oh praise Jesus for His sweet mercies!!! rejoicing with you. and if she isn't the cutest little girl, i don't know who is!

 
At June 10, 2012 at 5:31 AM , Blogger beachy keen girl said...

What a happy happy day! So thankful for a Lord who loves us so so much and knows how to meet each of our needs. Ollie is such a cutie pie! What a sweet happy girl :)

 
At June 10, 2012 at 6:05 AM , Blogger Debby said...

Happy Day.......God is good. How sweet is that little Ollie. Love her chubiness.

 
At June 10, 2012 at 12:18 PM , Blogger flower power momma said...

JOY!!! She is adorable and blessed as much to be in your loving family as you are blessed to have her.

 
At June 10, 2012 at 12:40 PM , Blogger The Boston Lady said...

Janie, that beautiful girl is indeed a living miracle. She just radiates happiness and joy - and good health. Ann

 
At June 10, 2012 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Joy said...

She is positively the most adorable darling ever.

 
At June 10, 2012 at 3:49 PM , Blogger chris said...

so happy for you and your family. what a sweet baby...

 
At June 11, 2012 at 6:05 AM , Anonymous Small Bedroom said...

Hello here,
Insightful! A brilliant article; It has really insightful information. You are extremely intelligent!

 
At June 11, 2012 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Renee Wheeler said...

Wonderful post about a beautiful girl and her precious little heart. You people rock with your love for each other!! Oh and the part about "I couldn't fix it for my kid" - ain't that the truth? It's a pain only a parent can feel.

 
At June 12, 2012 at 1:09 AM , Anonymous toko baju muslim murah said...

This is a great posting It’s exactly what I was looking for. I like your article.

 
At June 14, 2012 at 1:33 PM , Blogger Reenie said...

Oh Happy Day!!! :)

 
At June 18, 2012 at 2:27 PM , Blogger Nancy @ Wrapped In Love said...

Oh how Beautifully Perfect she is!!!!!!!!! Nancy

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blather. I read every comment. They make my heart happy!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home