Saturday, July 23, 2011

What I Know For Sure - 12th Edition



1. If better is possible, good is not enough.

2. If you love Jesus, feed his sheep. Helping someone else is how we
show our love for Christ.

3. Loving an animal awakens part of your soul.

4. A sandwich or a salad is always better when someone else makes it.

5. If you won't worship Jesus in the wilderness you won't worship 
him in the Promise Land.

6. Friendship isn't about who you have known longer, it is about the ones who came and never left your side.

7. Accidentally leaving home without your cell phone can be a blessing in disguise.

8. My bird feeders' visitors are producing more sprouts than the seed packages I used. 

9. When the bathroom air freshener is empty, that scent is guilty by association.

10. I love old farm-y, rusty things but I am not loving this old farmer's fake tan, rusty ankles.

11. Serendipity is what happens when two or three get together and 
share their lives and the Holy Spirit does something beautiful when you least expect it.

12. A slur against people with disabilities should not be tolerated any more than a slur against people's religion or race.

13. I cannot abide using a paper cup at home, yet I prefer them over foam at a restaurant.

14. I am sad for Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony's twins.

15. The best way to cure jealously is to rejoice with the one you envy.

16. Suzanne Somers is spot on... the seven signs of menopause are
itchy, bitchy, sweaty, sleepy, bloated, forgetful and all dried-up.

17. Having sisters is a blessing.

18. When planting in May, I need to remember all the hose dragging that is required in July.

19. Over-eating watermelon can be quite cleansing.

20. You know your air-conditioner is working well if you wake to foggy windows.




Labels:

9 Comments:

At July 23, 2011 at 5:53 AM , Blogger Jamie said...

Just like every other post I read that you write, spot on, sister! :)

 
At July 23, 2011 at 6:29 AM , Blogger Heidi Ehle said...

:) You always make me smile!

 
At July 23, 2011 at 7:18 AM , Blogger nono said...

Amen!

 
At July 23, 2011 at 7:26 AM , Blogger Jensamom23 said...

I really learned a lot here this morning...as well as agreeing with everything else. Thanks! (By the way, if you bake your bird seed first, it won't sprout)

 
At July 23, 2011 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love #7...Not looking forward to #16...and as for #17, the only person I wanted to talk to after our big chicken crisis in the heat yesterday was my sister.

You are so spot on!

 
At July 24, 2011 at 5:40 AM , Blogger Theresa said...

I just found you on The Frat Pack + Me. This is a great post. I have two daughters, ages 9 and 11 and I really appreciate everything you said about raising daughters and having them grow up to be nice women. (Actually that may have been a different post, I have been poking around).

But I like the watermelon thing too!

 
At July 24, 2011 at 8:08 AM , Anonymous The Boston Lady said...

I have foggy windows every morning! I thought it was because my windows were old and leaky! Now I can look at them in a positive light! When I leave my cell at home, I always first panic, then sigh with delight that I am unreachable for a few minutes! Ann

 
At July 24, 2011 at 10:19 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

This is awesome! I agree with every one of these...but especially number 4. Why is that? Great post.

 
At July 26, 2011 at 2:26 AM , Blogger SZM said...

oh my #19....don't I know it. Is that TMI?

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blather. I read every comment. They make my heart happy!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home