Monday, May 23, 2011

called

Last week we had a missionary 
speak to our ladies' bible study.
I loved it, but I felt inferior.
I asked my friend,
"Do you ever feel bad 
that you were not called to do something so huge?
You know guilty because your life seems easy?"
She felt the same way.
I thought about it all week. 
I prayed about it.
Then we had a sermon at church.
It spoke to me in these terms.
Living with urgency.
I know this much.
We are called. 
We are all called.
Some of us are called to go into missionary work.
Some of us are called to support them.
Some are called to help the poor, the sick.
Some are called to teach, some to feed.
We have a purpose.
What I know for sure is we are all called
to live for Christ.
We are to represent his kingdom.
We are to win souls for him.
It can happen in an easy life.
I thought about women who have been 
a true testament of Jesus for me.
They had "easy" lives.
They worked where they lived and won souls for Christ.
There is no condemantion in Christ.
The same goes when in regards to your service.
One is not better than another.
Both are necessary.
Both are important.
So I do what I know to do.
I love my neighbor.
I try to help when I can
in whatever way I can.
Today I am helping and 
I am asking you to help if you can.
There is a little girl, Albina.
 
She needs our prayers.
She needs your monies, if you can help.
Please go here
to read my friend Patti's blog.
She has a beautiful daughter,Lily.
Her blog is just lovely.
And please pray for Albina.
 These stories are hard to read.
But we cannot look away.
It is our calling to act.
 
Once our eyes are opened,
we can't pretend we don't know what to do.
God, who weighs our hearts
and keeps our souls,
knows what we know,
and holds us responsible to act.
Proverbs 24:12
 
You did not choose me, but I chose you
and appointed you to go and bear fruit-
fruit that will last.
Then the Father will give you 
whatever you ask in my name.
John 15:16

Thank you friends.
Albina thanks you too.


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At May 23, 2011 at 11:43 AM , Blogger Patti said...

THANK YOU, friend!!

 
At May 23, 2011 at 6:04 PM , Blogger SZM said...

On it!

 
At May 23, 2011 at 6:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I think we all have mission fields. Some appear ti be mire challenging than others, but all have a purpose.

 
At May 25, 2011 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Mary said...

I've often thought the whole thing about mission work. I just don't have that calling, but I admire those who do. Prayers for Albina (and your granddaughter).

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blather. I read every comment. They make my heart happy!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home