Tuesday, January 10, 2012
What I Know For Sure- 18th Edition
1. I bought Tori Spelling's book Uncharted Territori at Big Lots for $3. After reading it I feel compelled to pray for her. She has a lot of wackado beliefs concerning psychics and voodoo healing.
2. I have a new catch phrase..."I vow and declare". I am not sure where I heard it but I am adopting it.
3. I am not the smartest, strongest, or the most beautiful but God can use me in a powerful way. My abilities are only maximized when they are used for that purpose.
4. I am fairly certain my cake eating ability isn't anything God is trying to maximize. Shoot.
5. Middle age spread and a pimple are not supposed to be compadres.
6. Starting a cup of coffee in the Keurig and then going into the next room for a quick task is not a good idea when you place the cup upside down.
7. Stuart and I received an anniversary card with a sentiment I don't want to forget. It said "Two old farts are better than one."
8. I fell off the no sugar wagon when we went to AZ on vacation. At Christmas, the wagon ran over me. I have been on and off that wagon many times since. I now vow and declare to stay on the wagon.
9. When I wash my hands I always sing Happy Birthday to myself. That is supposedly an adequate length of time to ensure they are clean. Calm down...I sing it in my head.
10. I can't abide my inbox to be full. It haunts me.
11. If I don't answer your e-mail it is because you come in with a no-reply blogger address.
12. My phone auto corrects my signature xoxo to socks every time. TTUL socks... Nice.
13. I was with my mom and dad yesterday and when my sister Linda went later in the day Dad asked if Janie had gone home! He knew me and that is an answered prayer. Now, I am crying happy tears.
14. I like to make a list for the store, then go to the store and leave the list on the counter at home. I am wearing a Dora band aid because it is all we have. Band aids are on my list.
15. I no longer miss Diet Coke. I vow and declare I will never pick up that habit again.
16. I got a sign for Christmas with 1 Corinthians on it...you know the Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy...etc. I love it and I read it every day. I try to live it. I do pretty good until my love is having chocolate. Then all bets are off.
17. A hormone derived from visceral fat, called adiponectin, may play a role as a risk factor for development of all-cause dementia and Alzheimer's disease in women, according to a new study. Craptastic. Have you seen my visceral?
18. I really try to live one day at a time and leave the future up to God. It is all in his control. Trust and obey.
19. I bought the pajama jeans. They feel like yoga pants. They get baggy in the butt. I am cool with that.
20. After my "notebook" meltdown a blog reader sent me a quote that she saw on pinterest... "Noah wrote Allie 365 letters and you can't answer one text?" haha crack. me. up. You guys are the best!