Thursday, January 6, 2011

Living room.

The living room is a raspberry red.
It is not for everyone but I love it.
I am a color girl.
I really wanted hot pink but 
I settled for a pink-red.
This room used to be 2 rooms.
It was a dining room at one end
and living room at the other.
The house ended at the french doors and 
had a door that went out onto a back porch.
We built on in 2000 the kitchen,
 our bedroom/bath upstairs,
 a garage and
basement under the addition.


The attendance sign is from my childhood church.
The little church Stuart gave me for an anniversary.
 

I collect children's chairs and doll chairs.
They are throughout my house. 
.
IOU to remember to be grateful.
 The stain glass door came from Stu's uncles house.
It leads to the old kitchen, which is now our laundry.
I wanted to eliminate that opening but
the other door isn't big enough to get appliances through
since it was a window.
These are things that happen
when you have no real blueprints
and you do all the work yourselves.
I am thankful for the space
and I have grown to love the quirks.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 30, 2011 at 6:01 AM , Blogger Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

Wow, I love color too and yours are fabulous! Love all the quirky details! We took out the main staircase a few years after moving in so that we could get more cabinets in our new kitchen... That left just the tiny twisty stairs... Now that means the tractor n bucket lifting big items through the masterbath window... Never gonna get a new bed it seems! ;-0
xo
Leslie

 
At December 31, 2012 at 4:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

One of my last kitchens had hot pink walls...kinda pepto-bismol pink...I think everyone hated it except me and my collection of black/white cows... I said, as long as I was still cooking for them, they could close their eyes and eat if it bothered them. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blather. I read every comment. They make my heart happy!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home